ABB Global Early Talent Program (GETP) – Information Systems
Masters degree , Software Engineering , Other Informatics / Computer Sciences
Deadline Deadline: TBA
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As Global Early Talent Program in Information Systems, you will get hands-on responsibility from the start. You will rapidly build your skills and experience through a series of exciting, cross-functional, cross-divisional, and international assignments. The exceptional people you work with, the challenging projects you tackle, and the global scale of our business will give the experience you need to build a world-class career in information systems. For this particular position, you will be hired within the IS function for the ABB Business Area – Process Automation (PA) team in ABB S.p.A. Genova, Italy as your base country.
This position reports to
- You will be reporting directly to the PA Business IS Manager for Italy and have a reporting line to our global IS Infrastructure Manager.
- The program is made up of three assignments in different roles: one six-month assignment in your home country as an introduction to the business, one six-month assignment abroad to get an overview of ABB’s operations in a different environment/role and work on an exciting assignment with a different team, expanding your network and one six to twelve-month assignment back to the home country/home business, where you will deepen your knowledge of the business and of your function.
- During the program we will take the participants on a leadership competency development journey. The last rotation will also be the time where the participants start to look for their final position, to be started after the end of the program. All program training is meant to build the foundations of your future career evolution
- Depending on the assignment role you will be in, the most common responsibility will include IS service and projects within the IS infrastructure and security function.
- We support and inspire you to step out of your comfort zone to develop your leadership and management skills as well as your communication skills.
- Recent graduate (preferably to Master level) in Information Technology or Information Systems with focus on Infrastructure or IS Security.
- Previous initial work experience in the information systems function can be considered.
- Professional fluency in English, a good knowledge of Italian, a knowledge of other languages is a plus.
- Current EU passport holder or existing work permit will be preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Team spirit and global mindset. Persistence, curiosity to learn and open to new ideas.