Baseband (BBI) SW Developer
Bachelor degree , Software Engineering
Ericsson is pleased to announce the opening of a new design/development center in the heart of Austin, Texas. Taking advantage of the large pool of software talent of Austin, Ericsson is creating a new SW development team here to work on 5G! We’re looking to staff a large number of design positions in several development areas.
5G is coming soon, and Ericsson is the early leader in bringing it to market. Pre-commercial trials are happening now and the possibilities across industries are endless – from automotive and transports to agriculture, utilities and more.
This role consists of designing, implementing and integrating software functionality for Ericsson’s products. Our focus is on Lean and Agile ways of working. We organize in cross functional development teams in which continuous improvement, innovation and knowledge sharing is part of the daily work.
- Develop software, implementing new functionalities in C / C++ / Java code, often in a multi-core target environment
- Perform continuous analysis and Requirements Handling
- Apply knowledge of Real-Time Software development and wireless communication protocols (e.g. LTE, WCDMA)
- Work in a lab environment to trouble-shoot and integrate complex new pieces of software
- Perform software deliveries using a software version control system
- Develop automated test cases to ensure existing functionality is never degraded by new software
- Document all system analysis, software designs and test plans
- Follow an Agile product development process, working collaboratively in small cross-functional teams.