Engineer II, Mechanical
ENGINEERING / TECHNOLOGY
Deadline Deadline: TBA
Mechanical Design and analysis of new and existing hydro turbine or hydro generator products, support to Manufacturing and Field Operations and interface with customers & suppliers.
- Prepares designs or modifications of full range of products plus handles special assignments where there is a lack of precedents. Projects can either be related to turbine components or generator components.
- Coordinates design preparation and develops design schedules for project type assignments.
- Investigates new concepts for practicality, economy, and operating efficiency.
- Reviews cost estimates and recommends appropriate action.
- Coordinates design standardization programs.
- Determines design changes, modifications, and standardization to facilitate manufacture at an economical, competitive level.
- Coordinate design practice to reduce manufacturing costs.
- Prepares technical articles of advanced engineering principles, developments, and disclosures.
- Operates CAD/CAE equipment to complete work assignments.
- Other Engineering Functions: To work closely with depending on projects.
- Manufacturing: To develop designs that conform to manufacturing capabilities and work with during manufacturing process.
- Field Operations: To develop designs that conform to installation capabilities and work with during the installation and commissioning process.
- Customers and Suppliers: To work closely with depending on projects.