All About Mars Mars has been proudly family owned for over 100 years. It’s this independence that gives us the gift of freedom to think in generations, not quarters, so we can invest in the long-term future of our business, our people and the planet — all guided by our enduring Principles.
We believe the world we want tomorrow starts with how we do business today. Our bold ambitions must be matched with actions today from our 140,000+ Associates in 80 countries around the world. Some of our current initiatives are:
- Investing $1 billion over the next several years to become sustainable in a generation
- Working to improve the wellbeing for families around the world
- Leveraging and sharing our research to create a better world for pets
Every day we are one step closer to the world we want tomorrow, through our steadfast commitment to action today.
The Five Principles
The Five Principles form the foundation of how we do business today and every day. With 140,000+ Mars Associates working in 80 countries across the globe, clear direction and a moral compass are essential. The long-term future of our business and the planet depends on us to stand for more and take bold action. That’s why we take every opportunity to make a positive impact in this ever-changing world by leveraging our guiding philosophy that has always differentiated us — The Five Principles.
We put The Five Principles at the center of every decision we make. This means:
- We are committed to Quality of work and contributions to society.
- We embrace our Responsibility (as individuals and a company) to act now.
- We base decisions on Mutuality of benefit to our stakeholders.
- We harness the power of Efficiency to use our resources to maximum effect.
- We have the financial Freedom to make our own decisions, unrestricted by motivations of others.
We know that what we do is only as good as how we do it, and our actions help us build a better world for generations to come.Website Link