Software Engineer Graduate
INFORMATICS / COMPUTER SCIENCES , Electronic Engineering , Software Engineering
Deadline Deadline: TBA
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated engineer to join an Agile software development team working on leading edge of mobile GPU technology. In this role you have the opportunity to work on the next generation Mali™ mobile GPUs and the latest yet-to-be-published Android versions while helping to craft the technologies that the mobile market will see in years to come.
As a software developer in GPU-Core-SW you will be part of a group working on Mali GPU driver for Linux and Android. Specifically we look after the bottom half of the driver including kernel and userspace components, as well as build tooling. You will take part in developing new features, investigations, bug fixing, documentation and testing.
What are some of the teams recent achievements?
- Vulkan extensions to enable direct-to-display rendering.
- EGL extensions to support virtual reality (VR), such as Google Daydream.
- 3D content recording and replaying framework to aid the development of our latest GPU's with flexible visualisation and post-processing abilities.
- Complete redesign of the GPU HW interface to hit new degrees of performance in the most up-to-date content.
- Support for upcoming version of Android with the latest Linux kernels.
- Just-in-time memory allocation for Vulkan GPU jobs.
- GPU scheduling algorithm optimizations.
- Extend the intelligent power allocator (IPA) model to use hardware runtime metrics.